Often when we are asked where we work, we say we do SEO. At other times we stopped to explain in detail what we do: “It means Search Engine Optimization which is nothing more than trying to position sites in the first few results on Google search.”
That’s why when talking to so many people who completely ignore what is SEO, decided to create a list of 5 of the vocabulary of SEO that everyone should know that not even work in this area.
5 SEO Terms of vocabulary that everyone should know:
- SEO & SEM. Search Engine Marketing (SEM) is the marketing of their products and/or services through search engines, based mainly on organic search results or paid. The Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is optimizing websites to obtain top positions in search engines.
- SERP. Is the acronym for Search Engine Results Page, which are nothing more that appear on the results page after search engine to indicate what should be sought.
- Backlinks Also known as inbounds links, ie, all external links that redirect to your site. SEO is very common to hear of portfolios backlinks, which is a report comprising all the links you have from other sites. It is very important that this portfolio of backlinks has links to several promising us good positions in the rankings.
- XML Sitemap. An XML sitemap is a file or a site map that should be accessible to users and robots tracking working for the search engines. Through the sitemap, robots can review all content.
- Canonization. According to Matt Cutts said (head of Google Webspam) this word is nothing more than “The process of choosing the best URL when there are several options.” Include canonical tags is a good way to avoid being penalized for having duplicate content.
These five first terms one can say that are the most basic. However we do not want to leave to take this article to talk about others you’ve probably heard more than once.
Penguin update: Is the name of the last update made by Google on its search engine in an attempt to improve its functioning. This optimization of websites that had a low quality SEO (linkbuilding unnatural, ill-chosen keywords) lost notable positions in the SERP’s. What Google wants is to give users a better experience, providing more relevant search results.
Fold: This term referring to the part visible to users within a site. Google will penalize those websites who use and abuse of propaganda and that really only affects the user experience for the lack of quality content.
Authority Author: The process involves obtaining the most relevant posts in SERP’S tying up the authorship of it. A brief resume of this is that using the rel = author tag, you can gain authority, links, etc.
Infographics: An infographic is a visual representation of a particular information, data or knowledge. Add infographics in your SEO campaign can be highly beneficial to your site.
Blog Its true definition is “online journal.” Why include it in this list if the term “blog” is already present in our lives for a long time? It’s no secret that having a blog on your internal site is one of the best ways to get a good reputation. Now, more than ever, it is very important to update your website with original and unique content. Likewise, if you have an internal blog on your site, you should take advantage of its readers and try to persuade them to share information through social networks.
SEO is a way that should always be new discoveries. Do not think that will definitely revealed its operation, as well as the society he undergoes constant changes and renews itself every moment.