We Buy Your Business
Getting out of business is a process. The length of time required to complete the process is directly related to the complexity of the business, and the circumstances underlying the decision to get out. Planning how you exit your business is just as important as how you started it.
The exit process, timing of events; and tasks associated need to be tailored to the type and complexity of the business. Each case is individual because reasons for dissolution differ, and problems that arise are unique to each circumstance. The following checklist contains key elements that should be evaluated as early in the exit process as possible to eliminate pitfalls later on.
The process for exiting a business should include evaluation of the following points:
1. Engage Professionals & Consultants as Team Members.
2. Prepare a List of Assets & Perform a Physical Inventory.
3. Perform a Valuation of the Business.
4. Prepare Detailed Plan & Assign Responsibilities.
5. Release Announcements & Notices.
6. Conclude or Transfer Contract Obligations.
7. Dispose of & Transfer Assets.
8. Settle Accounts Payable & Debt Obligations.
9. Prepare Final Financial Statements & Tax Returns
10. File Articles of Dissolution.
11. Prepare & Issue Special Filings, Notices, Informational Returns, & Taxes.
12. Receive Tax Clearance Notice.
13. Close Bank Account.
14. Store Business Records
The process for successfully exiting a business requires the same amount if not even more planning as starting the business. While the process may be easier, it is likely to be less enjoyable and more stressful. The best advice for business owners is to incorporate potential exit strategies in the early stages of setting up their business. Vigilance and diligent managerial oversight is needed to ensure that complications and problems which could affect dissolution, and net value, do not develop into roadblocks. When the time comes to divest or sell the business, be sure to engage the relevant expertise needed, and prepare an action plan.
We Buy Your Business enables clients an opportunity to sell businesses and business assets fast for cash. If your exit strategy requires a quick divesture option Contact WBYB for cash offer NOW. Website: www.WeBuyYourBusiness.com